There are two new job vacancies with Colchester CAP Debt Centre, an Assistant Manager and a Debt Coach
JOB TITLE: CCDC Debt Coach
RESPONSIBLE TO: CCDC Centre Manager
LINE MANAGEMENT OF OTHER STAFF: No
LOCATION: Colchester and Surrounding Areas
SALARY: 9.50 per hour
HOURS: 11 hours per week
All CAP’s services are run through local churches to engage and support people in their communities. CAP Debt Centre’s provide practical and holistic support for people struggling with debt, as well as offering them the opportunity to hear the Gospel.
At our core, we’re:
- Passionate and compassionate: We do what we do because we care deeply about seeing people released from debt, poverty and their causes
- Excellent and generous: We go above and beyond for our clients
- Courageous: Who wants to settle for the same old when we can push for bigger and better?
- Fun and united: We’re one big CAP family!
- Christ-centered: We know none of this would be possible without Jesus
PURPOSE STATEMENT: (overall responsibilities)
Your role as a Colchester Cap Debt Centre (CCDC) Debt Coach will be to support clients on their journey to becoming debt free through home visits and ongoing support. All of this must be done in a way that positively reflects the Christian faith and the core values of the charity.
Because this role will involve working with vulnerable people, you’ll need to complete a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, this should be an Enhanced Disclosure with an Adult Barred List check. This check is required as you may occasionally be carrying out regulated activity. CCDC will apply for and fund this.
We ask you to commit to a minimum of two years in this role due to the level of specialised training required and the time it takes to complete.
Please note, as part of this role, we ask that you have access to the internet and an active email address – you will be supplied with a CAP email address on completion of training.
The purpose of this role is:
1. To positively promote the Christian faith in line with the objectives of the charity.
2. To successfully complete CAP’s debt coach training and ensure a proficient understanding of the debt advice process and how to communicate CAPs debt advice, so as to be part of a team offering a high-quality debt counselling service. This will involve visiting clients in their own homes to explain the CAP service in a way that encourages clients to agree to work with CAP.
3. To be part of a team that delivers the debt advice to the client – this will involve a Fact Find of their current financial situation, communication of the prepared budget and financial plan, and encouragement to stick to the plan. I
4. To work with clients and befrienders to encourage them to follow and work with the debt management plan until they are debt free.
5. To accompany clients when necessary to court in order to provide support as they secure affordable repayments and other legal agreements, as and when it may be arise.
6. To promote the work of CCDC to friends, families and contacts to increase support and awareness of the charity.
CCDC Debt Coach Version 1 12/05/21
Other duties include:
7. Must attend national and regional conferences and ‘Revive’ days every year.
8. Must be comfortable in a charismatic Christian environment, as well as other Christian traditions.
9. To be flexible to work occasional evenings and part of the weekend as the need arises.
10. Must be prepared to complete an application for an Enhanced DBS disclosure (formerly CRB) and train in the DBS process to become a DBS recruiter for the volunteer posts within CCDC.
11. To encourage friends, family and other contacts to support the charity through regular financial giving to CCDC and other fundraising initiatives.
12. Work to promote and apply CCDC’s safeguarding and other policies and practices
1. Achieve target number of clients approaching CAP for help
2. Achieve target evangelistic activity e.g. client events
3. Achieve target number of clients working well with CAP and paying into their CAP account
4. Achieve target number of clients attending client events.
This job description is current as the date shown. It may be amended in any way following consultation with the post holder to take account of changes or anticipated changes in the organisation or management of Colchester Cap Debt Centre.
Training is residential and is held at our head office in Bradford. It’s run over two blocks: the first block spans an evening and two full days and the second block spans three full days – they’re approximately four to six weeks apart and must be completed in full. There’s also one additional day of regional training to be completed within the first year of your initial training.
CAP provide accommodation, meals and all training materials whilst you are training with us. CCDC will cover travel costs.
Please note, our training course forms part of our selection process. Although very rare, we do reserve the right to withdraw the offer of any role should any issues arise at training.
Closing date: 6th June. Interviews in person or by Zoom as restrictions allow.
To apply please send your CV to Patsi Brown email@example.com
Any questions please contact the above address.