JOB TITLE: CCDC Assistant Manager
RESPONSIBLE TO: CCDC Centre Manager
LINE MANAGEMENT OF OTHER STAFF: Yes (volunteers)
LOCATION: Colchester and Surrounding Areas
SALARY: 10:45 per hour
HOURS: 15 hours per week
PURPOSE STATEMENT: (overall responsibilities)
Christians Against Poverty run a network of debt centres throughout the UK, each one supported by local churches. The purpose of the Colchester CAP Debt Centre Assistant Manager will be to support the Centre Manager in running the Centre effectively to achieve the aims of the charity in Colchester and surrounding areas. This role will include communicating CAP’s debt advice to people taken on by the centre as clients. All of this must be done in such a way as it positively reflects the Christian faith and the core values of the charity. At CCDC we are passionate about reaching those in need in our local communities with CAP’s debt counselling and other services and giving clients the opportunity to hear and respond to the love of Jesus. We are evangelists who enable our churches to reach those in their community with the love of Jesus and CAP’s high-quality debt counselling service.
1. To positively promote the Christian faith in line with the objectives of the charity.
2. To successfully complete CAP’s debt coach training and ensure a proficient understanding of the debt advice process and how to communicate CAPs debt advice, so as to be part of a team offering a high-quality debt counselling service. This will involve visiting clients in their own homes to explain the CAP service in a way that encourages clients to agree to work with CAP, a fact find of clients’ current financial situation and communication of the prepared budget and financial plans. It also includes working with clients and befrienders to encourage them to follow and work with the debt management plan until they are debt free.
3. To accompany clients to court in order to provide support as they secure affordable repayments and other legal agreements, as and when it may be necessary.
4. To support the Centre Manager to raise awareness of CCDC and CAP services in such a way that they are made available to the widest possible section of society, particularly through developing links with relevant referral agencies and local organisations as directed by the CCDC Manager.
CCDC Assistant Manager Version 5 12/05/2021
5. To support the CCDC Manager to promote the work of CCDC within the local churches encouraging volunteers to become involved in the many aspects of the work (Life Skills Team, prayer needs, financial support etc.)
6. To promote the work of CCDC to friends, families and contacts to increase support and awareness of the charity. This includes encouraging support through the CAP Life Changer programme and becoming regular supporters of CCDC.
7. To support the Manager with all elements of running CCDC in addition to Debt Coaching and managing a caseload of clients, including building and managing a team of local volunteers, carrying out monthly volunteer reports and reviews.
Other duties include:
8. Must attend initial debt coach training (first stage 2 days, second stage 3 days) and refresher training (one day) at Head Office in Bradford, and any subsequent CAP training.
9. Must attend national and regional conferences and ‘Revive’ days every year.
10. Must be comfortable in a charismatic Christian environment, as well as other Christian traditions.
11. To be flexible to work occasional evenings and part of the weekend as necessary.
12. Must be prepared to complete an application for an Enhanced DBS disclosure (formerly CRB) and train in the DBS process to become a DBS recruiter for the volunteer posts within CCDC.
13. To encourage people to support the charity through regular financial giving to CCDC and/or other fundraising initiatives.
14. Work to promote and apply CCDC’s safeguarding and other policies and practices.
1. Achieve target number of clients approaching CAP for help.
2. Achieve target evangelistic activity e.g. client events.
3. Achieve target number of clients working well with CAP and paying into their CAP account.
4. Achieve target number of clients attending client events.
This job description is current as the date shown. It may be amended in any way following consultation with the post holder to take account of changes or anticipated changes in the organisation or management of Colchester Cap Debt Centre.
Full Job Decription with Specification available here
Closing date: 26th July. Interviews in person or by Zoom as restrictions allow.
To apply please send your CV to Patsi Brown email@example.com
Any questions please contact the above address.