CAP Centre Administrator, Marketing and Engagement Coordinator Job Specification
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 27th May 2022
Hours: 20 hours a week (part time)
Contract type: Permanent
Line Manager: CCDC Centre Manager
Line Management Responsibilities: None
The role of the post holder is to provide good quality and reliable administrative, marketing and engagement support and for the Colchester CAP Debt Centre.
A fundamental objective is to help the Centre operate smoothly and efficiently and to provide a good link between the Centre staff, Clients, Befrienders, CAP Head Office and relevant local agencies and organisations, whilst increasing the profile of Colchester CAP Debt Centre through marketing and engagement.
The post holder should seek to positively reflect the Christian faith which underscores both the Centre itself and the Charity which is responsible for the Centre. The post holder should be committed to CAP’s Christian ethos and core values (as well as those of the Centre and the charity which is responsible for the Centre)
About Colchester CAP Debt Centre:
Working in partnership with the national charity Christians Against Poverty, CCDC provides a solution to those with unmanageable debt. We do this by:
- Taking a full picture of a client’s finances
- Providing the client with a budget to stick to and a route out of debt
- Stepping in between creditors and clients – clients pay into a CAP Plan and CAP negotiate with creditors on their behalf
- Provide support through this journey from a committed team of befrienders and volunteers
We believe that the church in Colchester has been given an amazing opportunity to reach into lives of those who are suffering and give them the chance to heal and to be free. Visit https://capcolchester.org/ for more information about our ethos and work. Our work is funded by a mixture of grants, individual donations and support from local churches and businesses.
Our Team consists of a Centre Manager, Assistant Manager, Debt Coaches, Vacancy – Administrator Marketing and Engagement Coordinator, and volunteers all who report to a Board of Trustees.
Note: this is not a definitive Description, and the role will change and evolve over time, flexibility will be required.
|RESPONSIBILITY – (INITIAL % TO BE REVIEWED AFTER PROBATION)||%|
|1||Support to Centre Manager||30|
|2||Support to Debt Coaches & Clients||20|
|3||General Centre Administration Support (Including Prayer Administration Support)||20|
|4||Marketing and Engagement||20|
Areas of Responsibility:
Centre Manager Support
- Provide Administration support as directed by Centre Manager/Assistant Manager.
- Collate data for reports for Trustee meetings.
- Notify Centre Manager of any issues or concerns identified in relation to the Centre, Clients, staff and/or Befrienders.
- Attend and contribute towards strategy meetings.
Debt Coach/Client Support
- Contact new and potential Clients referred via other agencies and triage.
- Arrange/liaise with Debt Coach and identify appropriate Befriender for Client.
- Schedule/re-schedule appointments with Clients and Befrienders.
- Answer Debt Coach, Client, or Befriender enquiries.
General Centre Support / Prayer Administration Support
- Processing general enquiries and correspondence.
- General office administration (including managing stationery supplies and equipment).
- Befriender Administration including maintaining training records / Regular and Ad Hoc Correspondence with Befrienders including monthly mail bulletins.
- Obtain identity information to assist with Criminal Records Bureau checks for volunteers and Staff.
- Produce leaflets and information sheets as required.
- Organise schedules and call team meetings, as necessary.
- Produce planning meeting minutes.
- Produce Administrator reports for Trustee meetings.
- Financial administration including maintaining financial records / paying in of donations.
- Foodbank Support including distribution of Foodbank Vouchers and providing ongoing support and contact with the Foodbank.
Marketing and Engagement Support
- Maintain our (digital) marketing strategy.
- Issue press releases at appropriate times including those released by CAP Head Office.
- Maintain CCDC’s website and CCDC’s Social Media accounts ensuring the site remains up to date.
- Produce Reports on web site visitor metrics, donor sign-ups & newsletter metrics.
- Assist with content creation and production of CCDC’s newsletters, blog, and other appropriate sources of publicity.
- Develop a strategy to increase engagement with CCDC and its mission with local churches, local agencies, and the Colchester Community.
- Increase and maintaining CCDC’s network of volunteers and supporters through ppromotion of volunteer opportunities, training courses and events.
- Helping develop a fundraising strategy to Increase income from donations.
- Work with the events team to plan and manage fundraising events.
- Prepare Fundraising reports for trustees.
- Maintain donor database, including regular contact with Donors.
- Assist the trustees with grant applications and reports.
- Adhoc support with uploading and tracking receipts and payments on the Xero accounting software.
- Experience of working both on their own and as part of a team.
- Have a legal right to work in the UK.
- Understanding of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Experience of communicating in larger or smaller groups as well as in a one-to-one setting.
- Good Information Technology skills including confidence with Emails, Microsoft Word, and the Internet.
- Excellent verbal, telephone, and written communication skills.
- Numeracy and accuracy, with a high attention to detail.
- An ability to remain emotionally calm and strong through stressful situations.
- A logical and articulate approach to work.
- An ability to self-motivate as well as an ability to motivate others.
- Ability to draft and edit text accurately and quickly for external audiences, such as letters, newsletter, and funding reports.
- Experience of making grant applications & submitting grant reports including impact reports.
- Experience of working as an Administrator (paid or voluntary capacity).
- Experience of back-end website administration (SEO, metrics, and plug-ins).
- Experience of working with volunteers.
- Experience of working with WordPress, web site design and management.
- Experience of managing social media accounts (especially Twitter and Facebook).
- Experience of promoting, managing and events including feedback reporting.
- All staff are encouraged to attend CAP conferences.
- All staff are expected to be flexible in working occasional evenings and weekends on a voluntary basis (e.g., for annual CAP Sunday service or CCDC AGM).
- All appointments are subject to a satisfactory Criminal Records Bureau check for Safeguarding purposes.