‘And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.’ Micah 6:8
Working in partnership with the national charity Christians Against Poverty, CCDC provides a solution to those with unmanageable debt. We do this by:
- Taking a full picture of a client’s finances
- Providing the client with a budget to stick to and a route out of debt
- Stepping in between creditors and clients – clients pay into a CAP Plan and CAP negotiate with creditors on their behalf
- Provide support through this journey from a huge team of befrienders and volunteers
We believe that the church in Colchester has been given an amazing opportunity to reach into lives of those who are suffering and give them the chance to heal and to be free.
Where Can I Get Help?
We are not taking on any new clients who need debt help at present, until early 2020.
In the meantime many churches in Colchester offer the CAP Money Course. Also CAP Lifeskills is now running in partnership with St Leonards. Please call 01206 575565 for details.
How Can I Get Involved?
There are many different opportunities for anyone that wants to give their time to Colchester CAP:
- Befriending: Get alongside someone working through their debt, be a friend and a support to them through the process. Current befrienders describe this role as a privilege and very rewarding
- Fundraising: Join the team organising events and raising money to support the work. We have a lot of fun!
- Client blessing: Join our team of volunteers available for all sorts of different things, from baking cakes, to taking a client shopping, to wrapping Christmas hampers.