‘And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.’ Micah 6:8
Working in partnership with the national charity Christians Against Poverty, CCDC provides a solution to those with unmanageable debt. We do this by:
- Taking a full picture of a client’s finances
- Providing the client with a budget to stick to and a route out of debt
- Stepping in between creditors and clients – clients pay into a CAP Plan and CAP negotiate with creditors on their behalf
- Provide support through this journey from a huge team of befrienders and volunteers
We believe that the church in Colchester has been given an amazing opportunity to reach into lives of those who are suffering and give them the chance to heal and to be free.
Where Can I Get Help?
If you are struggling with unmanageable debt please call 0800 328 006 or visit capuk.org
Many churches in Colchester offer the CAP Money Course. Click here to find the latest courses
CAP Life Skills is now running in partnership with St Leonards. contact email@example.com for more information
How Can I Get Involved?
There are many different opportunities for anyone that wants to give their time to Colchester CAP:
- Befriending: Get alongside someone working through their debt, be a friend and a support to them through the process. Current befrienders describe this role as a privilege and very rewarding
- Fundraising: Join the team organising events and raising money to support the work. We have a lot of fun!
- Client blessing: Join our team of volunteers available for all sorts of different things, from baking cakes, to taking a client shopping, to wrapping Christmas hampers.